The on-line application will be available after December 14, 2018.
- Must have completed a sophomore year of study in engineering, computer science, or physics
- Should have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Should have not yet completed a Bachelor's degree
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Women, underrepresented minorities, as well as students with community college experience or those attending institutions with limited opportunities for undergraduate research, are encouraged to apply
Please complete the following items in advance and provide information in the appropriate place on the online application:
- Read about research labs hosting SURE–Robotics students and determine in which lab you would like to work
- Identify a faculty member at your undergraduate institution who can write a recommendation letter, along with his or her contact information
- Write a personal statement of interest
- Obtain a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript
Personal Statement of Interest Components
Your personal statement of interest is an important part of your application, and you should prepare a few paragraphs covering each of the following:
- Why you want to participate in SURE–Robotics
- Describe a particularly enriching experience you have had at your undergraduate institution (a course, a project, a research experience, etc.).
- Discuss your background and aspirations
- Describe your future academic plans
In order to allocate adequate time to receive your recommendation letter by March 1, 2018, each applicant should submit an application by February 26, 2018. Although an automated message will be sent to the faculty member you identified as your recommender, it is your responsibility to contact and request a recommendation letter for the program.